To reserve exam time in the Center, please do the following:
- Review the Testing Center calendar in Outlook for available dates and times. The name of the calendar is “~UCONN – Testing Center”. Click HERE to view the link. Please expand the listing of scheduled exams on days where you see the plus sign.
- Complete the request form on the Testing Center website by clicking on the following link: Testing Center Request Form.
- Advance planning is essential. Space is limited and your first choice might not be available. For classes that have previously provided TA support for examinations, please continue to provide support during exam times. If you contact me prior to a scheduled exam, I can let you know if and/or when TA support is most needed. Also, please remember to provide paper copies of your exam should it become necessary to administer one to a student. For additional information, please contact Gary Wilson at either email@example.com or by phone at 860-486-2118.
- For assistance in setting up exams using Husky CT and/or Lockdown Browser, please contact Daniel Facchinetti in the Educational Technology Department at 860-486-5799 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. He’ll be happy to work with you and answer any questions regarding Husky CT.
- If the University is closed due to inclement weather, the Testing Center will also be closed and alternate arrangements will have to be made. UConn’s Alert webpage (http://alert.uconn.edu) is the definitive source of information about the University’s operating status and should be your primary source.
Use of Testing Center during finals week
University bylaws prohibit administering an exam outside of the 2-hour time block allocated for your course by the Registrar. Therefore, the Testing Center will not be available for exams that extend beyond the 2-hour time block during finals week. The Testing Center is an option if your class is small enough to test everyone during the 2-hour time block, you offer two 1-hour exams during the time block or you use the Testing Center as a secondary location while using your assigned location at the same time. Any option that extends testing beyond beyond the allocated 2-hour window will not be permitted.
Testing Center and students with accommodations
Students requiring accommodations during testing should be working directly with The Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) regarding scheduling and software issues. The Testing Center is unable to accommodate students requiring extra time. We can accommodate students in need of reduced distraction but only by having them take their exam in the smaller of our two testing rooms or in our office. Please note that this is only if their class is scheduled in the Testing Center.
Request Test Session(s)
Who to Contact
- Scheduling Questions: Please email the staff at the Testing Center at email@example.com
- Questions about setting up the test in HuskyCT: Please email the Instructional Resource Center (IRC) at firstname.lastname@example.org